CDC The Yellow Book
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for CDC Health Information for International Travel includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- The definitive travel reference for prevention and treatment of injury and illness associated with travel, including recent outbreaks such as Ebola and MERS
- Provides US government's up-to-date recommendations for healthy travel, including vaccine and drug information
- Disease maps and country-specific information for diseases including malaria and yellow fever
- Advice for conducting a complete pre-travel consultation
- Detailed precautions for specific types of travelers, including those who are pregnant, immunocompromised, disabled, resource-limited, or traveling with children
- Advice for returning travelers and newly arrived adoptees, immigrants, and refugees
For both international travelers and the health professionals who care for them, CDC Health Information for International Travel (more commonly known as The Yellow Book) is the definitive resource for preventing illness and injury in a globalized world.
This 2016 edition offers the US government's most current health recommendations for travelers to international destinations, including disease risk maps, country-specific guidelines, and vaccine requirements and recommendations. The book also offers updated guidance for specific types of travel and travelers.
New and expanded features for the 2016 edition include:
- Select destination advice for popular or unique travel locations
- Country-level yellow fever vaccine recommendation maps resource-limited traveller
- Health considerations for specific types of travelers such as pregnant, immunocompromised, or resource-limited travellers
- Advice for air crews, humanitarian aid workers, and health care workers traveling to provide care overseas
Written by a team of experts on the forefront of travel medicine, The Yellow Book provides a user-friendly, vital resource for those in the business of keeping travelers healthy abroad.
Readership: Physicians in any discipline, particularly travel medicine, primary care, and internal medicine; travel enthusiasts; missionary foundations; government aid agencies; multinational corporations and their employees; state departments and embassies; pharmacies.
Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Editor-in-Chief Gary W. Brunette