Churchill's Pocketbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology, 2nd Edition
This Elsevier app-book, Churchill"s Pocketbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using its patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Churchill"s Pocketbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology offers a practical guide to these three combined disciplines in a handy pocketbook format and is ideal for medical students, junior doctors and trainees. The book is perfect for clinical placements in orthopaedics, emergency medicine, rheumatology and general practice, as well as during the undergraduate musculoskeletal anatomy course.
New to this Edition
- In this second edition the authors have updated the content to reflect changes in surgical practice and advances in therapeutics, as well as the molecular understanding of genetic and inflammatory disorders.
- Details of common procedures have been added.
- The updated layout has new "overview" and "hints and tips" boxes.
- The aim of the revision has been to provide concise and important information to both medical students revising for their exams, but also to junior doctors in their first years following graduation.
- The book guides the reader through effective history taking, patient examination, and the selection and interpretation of routine investigations.
- There are sections on anatomy, paediatrics and trauma assessment, including pre- and post-operative care and complications, together with a comprehensive section on the common medications used in all three specialties.
- The book will help improve a reader"s diagnostic skills and inform about current treatment options
Authors: Andrew D. Duckworth & Daniel Porter & Stuart H. Ralston