This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Basic and Clinical Sciences category!
This fully revised edition of Clinical Biochemistry offers essential reading for today's medical student and all those who require a concise, practical introduction to this subject. Topics are clearly presented in a series of 'learning units', each covering a particular aspect of clinical biochemistry. Four sections provide a core grounding in the subject:
- Introducing clinical biochemistry gives a basic insight in to the workings of a modern hospital laboratory and the interpretation of test results;
- Core biochemistry covers the bulk of routine analyses undertaken and their relevance in a clinical setting;
- Endocrinology covers the thyroid, adrenal, pituitary and gonadal function testing;
- Specialised investigation provides an overview of less requested yet important analyses.
Every 'learning unit' has been thoroughly checked and updated to reflect the latest field developments and clinical best practice and all new material is included on:
- Myocardial infarction
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- The diagnosis of diabetes
- Trace metals
- Screening tests1
- Covers clinical biochemistry from the point of view of the clinician using the diagnostic service
- Includes mini case histories, key point boxes, flowcharts, and summary points
- Well illustrated with four-color drawings and clinical photographs
Authors: Allan Gaw & Michael J. Murphy & Rajeev Srivastava & Robert A. Cowan & Denis St. J. O'Reilly