Davidson’s Essentials of Medicine, 2nd Edition
This Elsevier app-book, Davidson's Essentials of Medicine, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Highly Commended in the 2016 BMA Awards
For over half a century Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine has informed and educated students, doctors and other health professionals all over the world, providing a comprehensive account of the practice of medicine. Davidson's Essentials of Medicine provides the core content of the main textbook in a condensed format that will be invaluable whenever you are on the move - whether commuting, travelling between training sites, or on electives.
- This book provides a distillation of the core information required for clinical studies in medicine. While retaining the acclaimed readability of the main textbook, it presents the key information in a format more appropriate for practical clinical work.
- The contents have been carefully selected by a team of junior doctors, emphasizing only the topics that will be essential for clinical studies.
- The book includes additional chapters of content to aid clinical practice, such as a practically-focussed chapter on therapeutics and a useful guide to interpreting major clinical investigations.
- The text draws directly on the depth and breadth of experience of the Davidson's authors and its International Advisory Board.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- Updated to include key changes and new illustrations included in Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine.
"This is a valuable, readily available reference for young clinicians in the UK. It is a very useful book for house officers in training and for those in outpatient settings of primary care." - Vincent F Carr DO MSA FACC FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) for Doody's
Editor: J Alastair Innes