Dental Materials a Pocket Guide
This Elsevier app-book, Dental Materials: A Pocket Guide, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Use this quick guide to learn the essentials of dental materials!
Dental Materials: A Pocket Guide describes how to recognize, select, and mix the most widely used materials in modern dentistry. Using a flip-book format, it covers each dental material in two pages, with the first page showing photos of the material before and after mixing, and the facing page step-by-step 'mixing and use' instructions. This guide is ideal for on-the-go study or chairside reference.
Hundreds of high-quality photographs help you recognize, identify, and select dental materials, showing materials in three ways: 1) as they appear within manufacturer packaging, 2) as they appear in their unmixed forms, and 3) as they appear at the completion of mixing.
- Need-to-know information includes the form in which the dental material is supplied, its composition, the armamentarium for use, and step-by-step directions on how to mix and use the material
- Helpful hints or special considerations highlight specific terms, issues, properties, or clinical uses of the materials
- Convenient, easy-to-follow organization groups chapters into the main categories of materials including restorative materials, impression materials, dental waxes, bonding agents, whitening agents, and others
- The chapter on Equipment Commonly Used to Manipulate Materials sets up a foundation of essential knowledge by describing the equipment needed for work in dental materials
- A chapter on Historical Dental Materials covers older materials that may still have a place within many dental offices
- Quick-reference appendices make it easier to look up metric conversion tables along with photos of commonly used brand-name products for each type of material
Authors: Saunders and Kimberly G Bastin