Drugs in Palliative Care, Second Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Drugs in Palliative Care, Second Edition, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- Contains over 160 monographs of palliative care drugs, in an easy to use A-Z format
- Andrew Dickman is co-author of the hugely successful Syringe Driver
- Will appeal to a variety of healthcare professionals involved in the provision of palliative care and medicines information
New to this Edition:
- Includes over 15 new drug monographs
While palliative care has adopted a holistic approach to treatment, medication driven symptom management ostensibly forms the critical aspect of care. Pharmacological therapy can be extremely complex because these patients often have coexisting medical conditions in addition to symptoms caused by their terminal disease. The resulting polypharmacy can be daunting for professionals and can negatively impact on effectiveness of care.
Fully revised and updated, the second edition of Drugs in Palliative Care is a detailed yet concise handbook that will appeal to a variety of healthcare professionals involved in the provision of palliative care and medicines information. Divided into three sections it begins with an overview of pharmacology and prescribing advice then contains over 160 monographs of palliative care drugs, in an easy to use A-Z format.
Author: Andrew Dickman