Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics, 14th Edition
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for, Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics, 14th Edition, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Master the genetics you need to know with the updated 14th Edition of Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics by Drs. Peter Turnpenny and Sian Ellard. Review the field's latest and most important topics with user-friendly coverage designed to help you better understand and apply the basic principles of genetics to clinical situations. Learning is easy with the aid of clear, full-color illustrative diagrams, a wealth of clinical photographs of genetic diseases, multiple-choice and case-based review questions, and end-of-chapter summaries. With this highly visual, award-winning classic in your hands, you have all the genetics knowledge you need for exams or practice.
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
New to this Edition
- Apply the latest research with chapters on developmental genetics, cancer genetics, prenatal testing and reproduction genetics, 'clonal' sequencing, and more.
- Understand complex concepts with the help of an increased number of diagrams.
- Be fully aware of social, ethical, and counseling issues by reviewing an improved section on these topics.
- Get a broad view of medical genetics with a unique three-part structure that looks at the Principles of Human Genetics, Genetics in Medicine, and Clinical Genetics.
- Visualize the appearance of genetic disorders with a fantastic art program that presents many clinical photos of genetic diseases, and work through complicated ideas with an array of full-color illustrative diagrams.
- Master the material you need to know with a title preferred by faculty and students alike over the last three decades and awarded the British Medical Association Medial Student Textbook of the Year in 2008.
Access to www.studentconsult.com, including 150 USMLE-style multiple choice questions to aid study and self-testing.
Authors: Peter Turnpenny & Sian Ellard