Essential Reproduction, Eighth Edition
This Wiley app-book, Essential Reproduction, Eighth Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
This eighth edition of the internationally best-selling Essential Reproduction provides an accessible account of the fundamentals of reproduction within the context of cutting-edge knowledge and examples of its application. Taking a multidisciplinary approach – that integrates anatomy, physiology, genetics, behaviour, biochemistry, molecular biology and clinical science – it provides thorough coverage of the study of mammalian reproduction.
Divided into seven parts and fully indexed for ease of reference, it covers in 23 concise chapters everything from preparing for pregnancy to post-natal care, including such topics as: The infrastructure of reproduction; Sexual selection; Making sperm; Fertilization; Initiating pregnancy; Supporting the embryo and fetus; Fetal challenges; Preparing for birth; Giving birth; Lactation; Post-natal care; Manipulating reproduction; Controlling fertility; Restoring fertility, and Society and reproduction.
Key features of the eighth edition:
- Contains discussion of the latest on conceptual, informational and applied aspects of reproduction
- New pedagogical features, such as clinical case studies at the end of each chapter
- Better use of boxed material to improve separation of narrative text from ancillary information
- Highlighted key words for ease of reference relate to summary of key points
- Introduction now split into two sections
- Expanded content in Fetal Challenges, and Society and reproduction
- Substantial rearrangement and updating in Making sperm, Controlling fertility, and Restoring fertility
Author: Martin H Johnson