General and Systematic Pathology, 5th Edition
This Elsevier app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for, General and Systematic Pathology, 5th Edition, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
This highly acclaimed textbook is written specifically for students of medicine and related health science subjects. It progresses from a review of general pathology principles and disease mechanisms through detailed discussions of the pathologic entities associated with each organ system. Nearly 700 full-color photographs and pathology slides bring the content to life. The fifth edition features extensive updates throughout to reflect the latest discoveries in cellular and molecular pathology, and offers a web site that presents self-assessment material and illustrated clinical case studies.
New to this Edition
- New co-editor, Dr Simon Cross.
- Structure of chapters revised to make the book much easier to use during courses that are problem- or case-based.
- Several new contributors and re-written chapters.
- Expanded International Advisory Board.
- Contents perfectly matches needs on medical students.
- Very clinical approach matches integrated courses.
- Extensive International Advisory Board validates contents.
- Each organ system chapter begins with a brief review of normal structure and function, emphasizing aspects that are important to an understanding of the subsequently discussed disease processes.
- Offers a superb collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images, and graphics, approximately 700 in all, that richly depict the appearance of both healthy and diseased tissues.
Authors: James C. E. Underwood & Simon S. Cross