Management of Atrial Fibrillation: A Practical Approach
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Management of Atrial Fibrillation: A Practical Approach, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Cardiology Library
Atrial fibrillation is becoming a twenty-first century epidemic. It remains the most common form of sustained arrhythmia with significant mortality, morbidity and cost to the healthcare system. It is the most common cause of hospital admissions among all arrhythmias. Its prevalence increases with the aging population and is often associated with many other cardiac and non-cardiac conditions, most notably congestive heart failure, hypertension, diabetes, and coronary artery disease. Although significant progress in understanding the epidemiology, natural history and mechanism has been made, the antiarrhythmic therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation is less satisfactory.
Management of Atrial Fibrillation: A Practical Approach is the perfect pocket guide for those who care for patients afflicted by atrial fibrillation. From the history of the condition and the subsets of patients, to therapeutic and preventive procedures, Management of Atrial Fibrillation comprehensively covers all aspects in managing this increasingly prevalent disorder. Written by leading authorities in the field with vast experience in practical medicine, the book creates a clinically orientated, evidence-based 'fast fact' type resource for cardiologists, trainees and related healthcare professionals.
- Written by leading authorities in the field with vast experience in practical medicine
- Concise and practical pocket guide for those who care for patients afflicted by atrial fibrillation
- Comprehensively covers all aspects in the management of atrial fibrillation, from the history of the condition to preventive procedures
- A must-have resource for cardiologists, trainees and related healthcare professionals
Editors: Mohammad Shenasa and A John Camm