Medical Pharmacology at a Glance, 8th Edition
This Wiley app-book, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance, 8th Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using its patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is recognised as an excellent starting point for pharmacology study. This international best-seller is the perfect companion for all medical and health students, providing an accessible, visual overview of pharmacology.
This 8th edition has been extensively updated, especially in the areas of anaesthetics, drugs used in AIDs, cardiovascular drugs, drugs used in anxiety, depression and schizophrenia, urological drugs, drug metabolism, as well as practical concerns such as drug indications and side effects.
Ideal for USMLE and pharmacology exam revision, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance features:
- The basic principles of drug action, interaction, absorption and excretion
- Chapters based on diseases or syndrome, for efficient clinical learning
- An emphasis on drug mechanisms
- References to the pathophysiology of disease, to aid understanding of drug choice and action
- Case studies with questions and full explanation of answers
- A companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/pharmacology featuring online cases and flashcards
Authors: Michael J. Neal