Moorfields Manual of Ophthalmology, Second Edition
This JP Medical app-book, Moorfields Manual of Ophthalmology, Second Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Originating from Europe's largest and most respected eye hospital, the goal of the first edition of Moorfields Manual of Ophthalmology, published in 2007, was to provide a practical resource for those caring for patients with eye disease.
Similarly the goal of this second edition is to provide both practising and trainee ophthalmologists, as well as optometrists and general practitioners, with an up-to-date, user-friendly manual reflecting the latest advances in both the diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. The design has been modified to facilitate rapid access to relevant content at the point of care.
The fourteen chapters are organized into the main ophthalmic sub-specialties where the reader is expertly guided through examination techniques, treatment algorithms and, where appropriate, surgical procedures. The concise, highly structured text is accompanied by 50 line illustrations and 320 high-quality colour clinical images – many of which are new to this edition, particularly in the chapters covering oculoplastics and corneal disease.
- Thoroughly revised and updated text reflecting the latest in diagnostic techniques and treatment options in eye disease
- Numerous new and replacement images enhance the book's collection of high-quality colour photographs, which aid in the recognition and diagnosis of both common and rare eye conditions
- In-depth sections on clinical examination skills essential for clinical practice and professional examinations
- Contributions from more than 60 ophthalmologists, including many world-renowned experts
- Updated guidance notes for general practitioners and optometrists, to assist in prioritizing referrals
Editor: Timothy L Jackson