Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Neurology
John Wiley & Sons
This Wiley - Blackwell app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for, Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Neurology, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Neurology provides trainees in neurology with an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major neurologic disorders and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
Perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards and also as a refresher for board exam preparation, the focus throughout is on providing rapid reference, essential information on each disorder to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
- An opening bottom-line/key points section
- Classification, pathogenesis and prevention of disorder
- Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient
- Disease management including commonly used medications with dosages, management algorithms and how to prevent complications
- How to manage special populations, ie, in pregnancy, children and the elderly
- The very latest evidence-based results, major society guidelines and key external sources to consult
In addition, the book comes with a companion website housing extra features such as case studies with related questions for self-assessment, key patient advice and ICD codes. Each guide also has its own mobile app available for purchase, allowing you rapid access to the key features wherever you may be.
If you're specialising in neurology and require concise, practical and clinical guidance from one of the world's leading institutions in this field, then this is the perfect book for you.
Authors: Stuart C. Sealfon (Editor), Charles B. Stacy (Editor), Rajeev Motiwala (Editor)