Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Hepatology
John Wiley & Sons
This Wiley app-book, Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Hepatology, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
- A powerful search
- Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
- Complete set of medical calculators: Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator, and more
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Hepatology will provide gastroenterology and hepatology trainees with an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major liver diseases and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
The focus throughout is on providing rapid reference, essential information on each disease to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
- An opening bottom-line/key points section
- Classification, pathogenesis and prevention of disease
- Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient
- Disease management, including commonly used medications with dosages, when to perform surgery, management algorithms and how to prevent complications
- How to manage special populations, ie, women in pregnancy, children and the elderly
- The very latest evidence-based results, major society guidelines (AASLD/EASL) and key external sources to consult
This book is perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards and as a refresher for board exam preparation.
If you are specializing in hepatology and require a concise, practical guide to the clinical management of liver disease, bought to you by one of world’s leading hospitals, this is the book for you.
Editors: Jawad Ahmad, Scott L Friedman, and Henryk Dancygier