Nuclear Cardiology, 2nd Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Nuclear Cardiology, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Specialist Handbooks in Cardiology
Nuclear Cardiology is a concise, self-contained, readable and practical guide to this cardiac imaging sub-specialty. Including both technical and clinical aspects, it provides a foundation of essential knowledge common to practitioners from any background.
This title covers radiation physics, biology and protection, and addresses all areas of imaging - including the design and operation of the gamma camera (including solid-state cameras), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) acquisition and processing, and image interpretation and writing of reports. Stress-testing and radiopharmaceuticals are explained in detail, as is the evidence-base underpinning myocardial perfusion scintigraphy. Newer radionuclide imaging techniques are well-covered (eg, phosphate scintigraphy in cardiac amyloidosis), as is the expanding field of cardiac positron emission tomography (PET).
Fully updated with coverage of new indications for gamma camera imaging, increased focus on attenuation correction and SPECT-CT and detail on the design use and clinical implications of solid-state gamma cameras throughout, this second edition of the essential text for nuclear cardiology trainees and practitioners is fully illustrated with colour plates to aid clinical practice.
- Concise and reliable guide to nuclear cardiology presented in the easy-to-assimilate Oxford Specialist Handbook format
- Covers physics, technology and clinical aspects of nuclear cardiology to provide a complete core knowledge of this sub-specialty
- Includes recent innovations alongside both everyday and less common nuclear cardiology applications
- Extensively illustrated with colour plates to aid clinical practice
New to this edition:
- All chapters fully revised and updated
- Coverage of new indications for gamma camera imaging such as cardiac amyloidosis
- Increased focus on attenuation correction and SPECT-CT
- Information on the design, use and clinical implications of solid-state gamma cameras integrated into appropriate chapters
Readership: Nuclear Cardiology provides core knowledge for those training in this sub-specialty, whether at a basic or advanced level, or from a medical or technical background, and is a key resource for those seeking to accredit in the sub-specialty.
Authors: Andrew Kelion, Parthiban Arumugam, and Nikant Sabharwal