Oxford Handbook of Children’s and Young People’s Nursing, 2nd Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Children's and Young People's Nursing, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Handbooks in Nursing
The Oxford Handbook of Children's and Young People's Nursing is a concise and practical guide to all aspects of the nurse’s role, helping nurses to deliver safe and effective care and to achieve the best possible results for their patients.
Written by practising nurses and subject experts, and covering assessment and management, right through to advice for the family, it provides information on a wide range of topics, including normal growth and development, pain, palliative care, religion and culture, and professional issues. In addition, there is a separate section on paediatric emergencies and guidance on how to recognize deviations from the norm, how to interpret clinical findings and investigations, and on measures to promote successful care practice.
Fully updated and revised for this new edition, it is now packed full of even more clinical information and practical advice, including a wealth of guidance and recommendations that have been gleaned from the authors’ many years of experience. The most up-to-date legislation, policy and practice is now covered, including significant changes in child safeguarding, immunization, medicines, resuscitation protocols and the common assessment framework. The chapter on neonatal care has also been expanded, and now contains information on care and breastfeeding of the pre-term infant, as well as developmental and kangaroo care. Cochlea implants, intussusception and professional issues - such as working with diverse communities and involving young people in health services - have also been included.
- Provides concise, practical and expert clinical advice for students and practising nurses
- A comprehensive and reliable guide to the care of children and young people in a family context
- Includes the most up-to-date legislation, policy and practice, including the latest NICE guidelines on child healthcare
- Expanded information on neonatal care and professional issues
New to this edition:
- Additional and updated topics include working with diverse communities, cochlea implants, intussusception, and professional issues such as involving young people in health services, and research
- Contains an enhanced and expanded neonatal chapter, covering pre-term infant care and breastfeeding, developmental care and kangaroo care
- Includes new algorithms, guidelines, and images to aid quick reference and understanding
Review of the first edition: "An excellent resource for any nurse that comes into contact with children and young people. For paediatric nurses it is an essential reference that would prove extremely useful both for student and registered nurses." - Journal of Community Nursing
Readership: The Oxford Handbook of Children's and Young People's Nursing, 2nd edition, continues to be a unique and invaluable companion to practising and student nurses, and to all who need to understand the special issues associated with children's and young people's nursing.
Editors: Edward Alan Glasper, Gillian McEwing, and Jim Richardson