Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, Tenth Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, Tenth Edition, is developed by MedHand. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Medical Handbooks
- The world's best-selling pocket medical handbook - the only choice for medical students and junior doctors
- Offers up-to-date and practical clinical advice that can be implemented at the bedside
- Clearly indexed, with colour-coded tabs and ribbons to help you navigate and find the information you need, fast
- Features over 600 colour illustrations and clinical photographs to aid diagnosis and understanding
- Offers a unique approach, bringing art, philosophy, history and over 25 years' of experience to the practice of medicine
New to this edition:
- Complete rewriting of the chapters on History and Examination; Radiology; Neurology; Surgery; Thinking About Medicine (now includes Essentials of Epidemiology)
- More white space, less dense overall appearance (more extensive use of quick-reference bullet point lists, numbered lists, and flow diagrams)
- References are now all in the app-book, and have been significantly reduced to ensure that only the best quality and most relevant resources are signposted to readers
- In the tradition of bringing fresh voices to each edition, the author team has two new senior and three new junior authors with their own unique visions for the book, as well as their own experience of publishing and teaching medical students
Now in its tenth edition, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine has been fully revised, with five new authors on the writing team bringing content fresh from the bedside.
Unique among medical texts, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine is a complete and concise guide to the core areas of medicine that also encourages thinking about the world from the patient's perspective, offering a holistic, patient-centred approach.
Loved and trusted by millions for over three decades, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine continues to be a truly indispensable companion for the practice of modern medicine.
Authors: Ian B. Wilkinson, Tim Raine, Kate Wiles, Anna Goodhart, Catriona Hall, and Harriet O'Neill