Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy, Third Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy, Third Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Medical Handbooks
Complementing the guidelines in the British National Formulary, the third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy remains the indispensable guide to clinical pharmacy, providing all the information needed for practising and student pharmacists. It presents handy practical guidance in a quick-reference, bullet-point format to give the reader the knowledge and confidence needed to provide a clinical pharmacy service.
Including key information on controlled drugs, adverse drug reactions, interactions, communication skills, and confidentiality, this extensively revised addition to the bestselling Oxford Handbook series is the fundamental pharmacy reference tool. It features chapters on adherence, anaphylaxis, clinical trials, herbal medicines, palliative care, patient management, pharmaceutical calculations, research, policy, and therapy related issues.
Thoroughly revised and updated, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy includes brand new topics, such as health coaching, residency and on-call, HIV and TB and mental health.
- Provides practical, quick-reference information in a bullet-point format ideal for daily use by pharmacists
- Complements the British National Formulary
- Contains vital guidelines on how to provide a clinical pharmacy service
- Includes key information on controlled drugs, adverse drug reactions, pharmacogenetics, symptom management, clinical pharmacy skills and palliative care
New to this edition:
- Extensively revised and updated with current guidelines, references and further reading
- A range of new topics such as HIV and TB, mental health, ophthalmology, health coaching, residency and on-call, and applications to formulary committees
- New topics aimed at community pharmacists
Review from previous edition: "...this book is an important and well-written contribution to the Oxford Handbooks series, and will prove useful, especially for those pharmacists and students developing skills and knowledge in patient-orientated pharmacy." - British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Editors: Philip Wiffen, Marc Mitchell, Melanie Snelling, and Nicola Stoner