Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, 2nd Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Medical Handbooks
Fully reviewed and revised for its second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology maintains its position as the must-have guide to all aspects of infectious diseases and microbiology. Reflecting the current approach to joint post-graduate training programmes, the handbook takes an integrated approach to both subjects. It covers the basic principles of bacteriology and virology, along with specific guidance on individual diseases and conditions, all in the accessible Oxford Handbook style.
Now including new topics on important subjects such as microbiology specimen collection, commonly used media, molecular diagnostics, and antimicrobials in pregnancy, as well as incorporating new guidelines from WHO, NICE and BASHH among others, this handbook ensures that the information you need is accessible, clear, and easy to understand.
This practical and comprehensive handbook also includes coverage of National Frameworks and current legislation, together with information on topical issues such as bio-terrorism and preventative medicine. Fully reviewed by specialist senior readers, and with useful links to up-to-date clinical information and online resources, this is an important addition to the Oxford Handbook Series.
- A comprehensive pocket-sized guide to all areas of infectious disease and microbiology
- Covers the basic principles of bacteriology and virology, plus detailed descriptions of diseases and conditions
- Up to date with the most recent advances, current legislation and 'hot topics', including bio-terrorism
- Includes quick-reference material with links to useful contacts and online resources
New to this edition:
- Includes new topics such as microbiology specimen collection, commonly used media, molecular diagnostics, and antimicrobials in pregnancy
- Incorporates new guidelines published since the previous edition, with weblinks where available
"...an essential tool that would fit into most medical scrub and lab coat pockets…also a good recommendation for students preparing for medical examinations" – Oliver Schildgen, Wolters Kluwer Health
Authors: Estée Török, Ed Moran and Fiona Cooke