Oxford Handbook of Key Clinical Evidence, 2nd Ed
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Key Clinical Evidence, Second Edition, includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- Covers most medical and surgical specialities including a new section on paediatrics
- Introductory chapters on the development of evidence-based medicine give uninitiated readers the tools required to analyse and understand medical studies
- Distills medical trials into a succinct and easy-to-read format
- Distills medical trials into a succinct and easy-to-assimilate format, providing an ideal tool for practical use
- Written by a team of experienced practitioners working in each speciality presented in the book
New to this Edition
- New chapter on paediatrics covers landmark trials which consider practical issues, ethical factors and societal context specific to this specialty.
- Extensively updated chapters containing substantial new evidence and revised evaluation of clinical trials.
- Inclusion of recent trials reflecting developments in the field of evidence based medicine since the first edition.
- Simplified and revised introductory chapters designed to ensure a more succinct and usable experience for the reader.
This second edition of the Oxford Handbook of Key Clinical Evidence provides an alternative to the growing volumes of trial data for students, trainees and researchers looking for the key evidence affecting medical practice.
Written by a team of leading figures across the major specialities, the Oxford Handbook of Key Clinical Evidence carefully selects and brings together key information on some of the most important trials currently impacting clinical practice. With introductory chapters on the history and importance of evidence based medicine complemented by in-depth analysis of the impact of each trial and its practical implications, this text is a definitive quick-reference guide in this increasingly important field. Highlighted boxes identify the study type and evidence-level attained, while analysis of the key message and impacts of the trial firmly place the evidence into a practical setting for the reader.
This extensively revised Handbook presents the key data, facts, and evidence informing both medical and surgical specialties. This second edition includes a brand new chapter on paediatrics. It incorporates new landmark trials which are changing clinical practice, and re-reviews previously included trials to ensure consistency with current practice. It is essential reading for everyone with an interest in getting to grasps with the fundamental evidence underpinning modern practice.
Authors: Kunal Kulkarni, James Harrison, Mohamed Baguneid and Bernard Prendergast