Oxford Handbook of Neurology
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Neurology includes unique functions such as
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- An indispensable practical and concise handbook that contains a wealth of information and clinical guidance
- Packed full with illustrations, brain scans, and diagrams which present information in a clear and accessible way
New to this edition
- Fully updated to include brand new chapters on neurological emergencies and neurology in other medical specialties
- Contains up-to-date management and treatment options, drugs, and neurosurgical techniques
- New syndromes included: neuromyelitis optica (NMO) with anti aquaporin antibodies; NMDA antibody paraneoplastic syndrome; voltage gated potassium channel antibody syndrome
- A new junior author has joined the established editor team, to ensure that all material is fully relevent for specialist trainees and junior doctors<
Fully updated for this second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Neurology is the definitive guide for all those working in neurology and neurosurgery. This practical and concise quick-reference resource includes a wealth of information and invaluable clinical guidance to ensure all readers stay up-to-date in this fast-moving specialty.
Now including brand new chapters on neurological emergencies and neurology within other medical specialties, this handbook includes the most cutting-edge management and treatment options, drugs, and neurosurgical techniques. Covering the entire breadth of neurology with additional sections on neuroanatomy, neurosurgery, neuroradiology and neurophysiology, it includes common presentations and disorders as well as information on neurological assessment. Packed full of illustrations to ensure ease-of reference, and valuable clinical advice from experts in the field, the reader can be sure they will always have all the information they need at their fingertips.
Readership: Junior doctors, StRs and consultants working in the field of neurology and neurosurgery; general physicians including those caring for the elderly and emergency medicine doctors; specialist nurses; medical students; allied health professionals including physiotherapists and paramedical staff, and all those involved in the management of patients with neurological disorders
Authors: Hadi Manji, Seán Connolly, Neil Kitchen, Christian Lambert, and Amrish Mehta