Oxford Handbook of Prescribing for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK for Oxford Handbook of Prescribing for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals includes unique functions such as
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- Fast access to concise, targeted information on all essential aspects of nurse and non-medical prescribing
- Written by experienced prescribers and teachers, and reviewed by subject experts and pharmacologists
- Patient centred, evidence-based and in line with government guidelines
New to this edition
- Expanded to include advice and guidance for all non-medical prescribers and for those who are considering a prescribing role
- Incorporates new legislation and changes to prescribing standards
- Expanded chapters on complementary and alternative medicine, and evidence-based practice
- Includes guidelines on prescribing for cosmetic effect
The Oxford Handbook of Prescribing for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals, second edition gives concise, practical and expert advice on all aspects of prescribing for nurses, as well as other non-medical prescribers. Using information from the authors' years of experience as nurse practitioners and teachers, this practical handbook is packed with a wealth of recommendations, guidance and support.
Previously published as the Oxford Handbook of Nurse Prescribing, this essential title has been completely revised and updated for the second edition. Containing the practical principles nurses and other non-medical prescribers need to practice safely, effectively and cost-consciously whatever the situation, it provides evidence-based advice on a wide selection of subjects to give a complete picture of the role of the prescriber. The topics covered range from basic pharmacology, to the legal aspects and processes of prescribing practice, as well as prescribing for specific conditions and special groups, such as the older person and the very young.
This new edition features the most recent legislation and changes to prescribing standards, giving nurses and non-medical prescribers access to the most up-to-date information to inform their practice. There is also additional content on complementary and alternative medicine, and guidelines on prescribing for cosmetic effect.
Written by practising nurses and checked by subject experts and pharmacologists, the Oxford Handbook of Prescribing for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals, second edition continues to be an essential companion for all nurse prescribers. It is ideal for students taking prescribing courses as a detailed and practical guide to practice as it covers all the competency areas through to established practitioners who would like a handy reference to dip into when needed, as well as for other non-medical prescribers.
Readership: Qualified nurse prescribers, extended nurse prescribers and supplementary nurse prescribers, students on nurse prescribing courses, and those teaching prescribing courses. Other legally designated health professional prescribers including physiotherapists, radiographers, podiatrists, optometrists and pharmacists.
Authors: Sue Beckwith and Penny Franklin