Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine, Fifth Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine, Fifth Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
The definitive Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine, now in its fifth edition, has again been thoroughly updated to offer a truly global perspective in this field of extraordinary talent and thoughtfulness.
New sections include information on assessment tools, care of patients with cancer, and the management of issues in the very young and the very old. It covers all the new and emerging topics, and the multi-disciplinary nature of palliative care is emphasized throughout, covering areas from ethical and communication issues, through the treatment of symptoms, to the management of pain.
- The hugely successful Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine has gained a reputation as the definitive guide to the field
- Five international editors guarantee a truly global perspective
- More than 200 contributors and 100 chapters deal with all aspects of this rapidly developing specialty
- Completely updated with the latest evidence base for clinical practice and patient management
- Winner in the Medicine category of the British Medical Association Book Awards 2016
Editors: Nathan Cherny, Marie Fallon, Stein Kaasa, Russell Portenoy, and David C Currow