Regional Anaesthesia, Stimulation, and Ultrasound Techniques
This Oxford University Press app-book is developed by Medhand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using Medhand’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
- A practical and comprehensive guide to regional anaesthesia
- Over 200 illustrations demonstrate techniques
- Covers both the traditional technique of nerve stimulation, as well as ultrasound guidance, and focuses on the differences between them
- Written by leading educators in the field
Regional anaesthesia is used across specialties within anaesthesia, and is a rapidly growing sub-specialty. This new handbook covers both traditional and ultrasound guided techniques, concentrating on the differences between them. Offering readers a comprehensive overview for clinical practice, it includes paediatric and acute pain applications. Each topic covers anatomy, contraindications, landmark/US settings, technique, complications, and clinical notes. Discrete sections on pharmacology, principles, and training further the book's use for teaching purposes.
It will appeal to both trainees and consultants in regional anaesthesia, as well as anaesthetic nurses and anaesthetic practitioners. Presented in the Oxford Specialist Handbook series, it offers practical advice as well as background information in a convenient pocket-sized title.
Readership: This book is relevant to all trainee anaesthetists, consultant anaesthetists, and anaesthetic practitioners and anaesthetic nurses.
Authors: Paul Warman, David Conn, Barry Nicholls, and David Wilkinson