Manual of Strabismus Surgery
This Elsevier app-book, Manual of Strabismus Surgery, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
This is an essential manual for trainees in clinical practice and those preparing for examinations who need to know how to competently manage this commonly encountered disorder. Optometrists will also find it of great value when managing these patients both pre- and post-operatively.
The first section covers the general assessment and investigation of the squinting patient, before considering whether surgery is the best form of treatment. The second section addresses common squint disorders, describing the conditions and highlighting the surgical options to be considered. The final section provides a step-by-step account of the surgical procedures, indicating when they should be used, and illustrating specific techniques.
- Using a problem-oriented approach, diagnosis and assessment of conditions are introduced before addressing treatment options
- Specific disorders are covered in detail, indicating when to use surgical treatment and which techniques to use
- The surgical procedures are covered in a step-by-step format with clear line diagrams highlighting the required techniques
- A separate chapter covers general and specific surgical complications
Authors: C J MacEwen and Richard M C Gregson