The Facts: Autism and Asperger Syndrome
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, The Facts: Autism and Asperger Syndrome, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
'The Facts' Series
In this book, Simon Baron-Cohen summarizes the current understanding of autism and Asperger Syndrome. He explains the process of diagnosis, as well as the options for education and intervention for people with these conditions.
Taking a lifespan approach, Professor Baron-Cohen considers how the conditions affect the very young through to adulthood. He also outlines his new Empathizing-Systemizing (ES) theory, which aims to explain all the psychological features of autistic-spectrum conditions.
- Includes Key Points boxes at the start of each chapter to quickly summarize important concepts covered in the text
- Case Histories and Patient Perspectives provide practical examples throughout the text
- Myth and Fact boxes highlight common misunderstandings and interesting facts about the condition
- Includes a useful Resources section with suggested further reading and contact information for patient self-help/support groups, along with a glossary of technical terms
- Approximately 50 illustrations
Readership: This book is designed firstly for people with these conditions and their families. It will be useful to clinicians, teachers and other professionals involved in the care and support of people on the autistic spectrum, as well as providing an invaluable introduction to the topic for students in the social and biological sciences.
Author: Simon Baron-Cohen