The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders, 2nd Edition
Oxford University Press
This Oxford University Press app-book, The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders, 2nd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material that you can access quickly and with minimum effort in the palm of your hand using Indextra's patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High-resolution pictures
- Notes and picture-notes
About this title:
Oxford Library of Psychology
The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders provides current insights from established experts into the phenomenology, epidemiology, prevention, and treatment of eating disorders.
Fully revised to reflect new DSM-5 classification and diagnostic criteria, each chapter of the 2nd edition has been updated to feature the latest clinical research findings, applications, and approaches to understanding eating disorders. An additional chapter on emerging issues explores critical questions pertaining to ethics and the use of technology in treating eating disorders. With information on newly documented syndromes and a new section on bariatric surgery, this reference not only encapsulates current knowledge of the field, but also offers astute perspectives on how the field is changing.
- Reviews and discusses up-to-date clinical research findings and applications across a wide range of aspects within the eating disorder field
- Considers timely challenges in the field, such as the use of technology in treatment
- Addresses issues regarding where the field is headed and considerations for scientist-practitioners
- Includes practical specifics, such as literature reviews and clinical applications, as well as a broad view of foundational topics
Readership: This handbook is essential for scientists, clinicians, experts, and students alike.
Editors: W Stewart Agras and Athena Robinson